So, it's been awhile...sorry about my absence, but things have been fairly busy of late, and I didn't have time to deal with the slow internet connection that we have. But, I have made a list of all the things I want to tell you about, so I will work on sharing those over the next few days.
One of those things is a little tidbit about the electricity here. We do have electricity, and it serves it purpose, albeit very weakly. Generally the electricity is provided by the hydroelectric plant we have on the property. Unfortunately, it has been broken for nearly four months by now, and we are waiting on a very expensive and rare part to arrive. In the meantime, we have been hooked up to the national grid - a unreliable and expensive service. It flickers on and off, and we have brownouts periodically, especially at night.
I tell you all this to lead up to the picture displayed below. One night, while working on our computers, the lights went out. So we lit the candles and kept on working. The sight was very amusing - we needed old fashioned candles to see, but thanks to outstanding battery life, were able to continue working with our fancy-smancy computers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment