Saturday, August 2, 2008

Exam Week

My junior and senior classes had their English exams this Thursday. They are very relieved to be done with them! All week long they have been bugging me "Gwen, is the exam easy?" "Gwen, I think I'm going to fail." "Gwen, what's going to be on the test? Can you give me the answers?" I tried to calm their fears, because I knew they would be okay (especially since I am extremely lenient when it comes to grading. I give away a lot of free points).

I was very pleased with their tests - the majority of them passed, and more then half actually earned a "c" or better. Some of them were so cute when I told them their grade. Elvin, normally a shy kid, chattered non-stop all evening because he was so wound up and excited about his 88. Jimmy did a little fist-pump when he heard about his 80%.


This is Elvin, in the metal shop. He is studying industrial mechanics.

Jimmy was hamming it up for the camera with my ranchera hat.

No comments: