Monday, May 12, 2008

Back at the farm

We made it back to the farm, oh, last week, on Monday. We were able to leave the capital not long after I posted my little story about the gas shortage. That doesn't mean the country is back to normal. Still a gas shortage. But I have nowhere to go, so not much of a concern for me right now. I am just trying to catch up on all the things I missed while I was gone - random Spanish lessons, violent and unskilled basketball games, grading English tests...I gone on a field trip, a youth group party, and a mother's day church service. I have lots of pictures, but they are still in my camera. I'll add them and the stories very soon.

Most of my students passed their English exams. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the students' efforts. Maybe they really did learn the material? I was heartily amused by others - they butchered some answers beyond recognition. I couldn't help but laugh. I am such a bad teacher. What kind of teacher laughs at their students?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The teacher who laughs is one who is more concerned for the students than theirselves.

My family has been a teaching family until my generation. Actually I was a teacher for one year. Not a pleasant experience for me or the students I would say. Perhaps I was not as mature as Gwen during my teaching year?

Some year down the road students will let you know their appreciation when they really come to understand your contribution to their lives.