A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated the Fourth of July. I went into greater detail in my e-letter, but I'll share a couple of the highlights here. After a rather tame noon-time picnic, we waited for darkness to fall and for the campus to fall asleep. Then we let loose with a traditional all-American fireworks show.
Okay, as you can see from the picture, it was really more of an ambush. We directed all of our firepower at the boys' dormitories, an armory which included firecrackers, cherry bombs and bottle rockets. Wow, it was fun, running around in the shadows, listening to the indigent howls of the boys, whose response ranged from annoyed ("I'm trying to sleep!), to excited ("More, more!") to all out anger ("Just you wait..!" Yikes!). We spent the better part of an hour and half causing a little bit of patriotic chaos.
They weren't entirely sure who was responsible at the time, but as the days have passed, the rumors have flown. The consensus is that Amy, Lori and I are responsible, and that Travis had nothing to do with it. Which is a laugh, since Travis was the one firing off the bottle rockets and lamenting that we didn't have anything "bigger", as he said. I have, in fact, been labeled the campus "fireworks dealer", as the boys seem to think that I was the ringleader. Also a bit of a joke, since I couldn't figure out how to use the lighter and didn't light a single one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment