Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"just like that..." Different people have told me the same thing: that I have a habit of leaving the room, or even the house, with no warning and few words of farewell. This blog is called such because this is my record of the little things happen "just like that". I started this blog to update family and friends while in Honduras; I have continued it to keep them informed of my stateside activities and adventures.
1 comment:
Gwen, I hope you are coping well right now. Feeling the peace requested for you. Anyway, anytime I see something to do with timber, logs, lumber, I always think of my Dad. Once we attempted to harvest a very old and large in diameter oak tree. Our tools were inadequate for the job. We probably suffered more loss in trying to get this huge log to the sawmill than what it was worth. We even attempted to use an old crosscut saw that produced a humorous moment for my reflection now. My Dad was trying to teach me the proper technique but it seems I could not get the hang of it. So, Dad just tossed the crosscut aside with a muffled word or two and we found another solution. Not ofter that I saw that sort of reaction from my Dad.
Blessing,
Dexter
Post a Comment